Calling Phoca Gallery Plugin from template?

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
mmeytin
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Calling Phoca Gallery Plugin from template?

Post by mmeytin »

This maybe a stupid question, but can someone tell me if it's possible to invoke Phoca Gallery Plugin (or any plugin for that matter) not from the article text, but from the article template? For example, I would like to display a certain image contained in Phoca Gallery by ID in the same place in all articles. If I put {phocagallery ...} in article/default.php - it just doesn't get parsed (which is kinda expected). Is there a PHP call I can make to achieve the same effect?

And perhaps someone knows of a way to include a text of a specific article inside the template? I know this is not Phoca Gallery related, but I'm sure there are some very Joomla knowledgeable people around here ;)

Thanks in advance!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Calling Phoca Gallery Plugin from template?

Post by Jan »

The plugin code can be run only in article (in editor)

If you want paste some php code into an article, you should use some php extension like rd add php (see extensions directory in joomla.org)

If you want to add some code into a template, you can do it with help of php coding, I think there is no extension which allows writing something into a default.php of an article :( ???

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project