Specific Users to download?

Phoca Download - download manager
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Specific Users to download?

Post by jamesosullivan1 »

Hi there, I was wondering if there is an option in Phoca download to allow Documents can be specifically assigned to specific user. I guess I think maybe this option is in this like the option that is in phoca gallery? It would be great to assign documents to specific users only but maybe this is further down the line.

Great component by the way - I hope this option is maybe on the way?

Thanks,
James
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Specific Users to download?

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, there is no such option now :-(. You can assign the file only for registered users

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

No problem Jan - super extension all the same mate. It would be a nice feature down the line I guess. 8)
DeadParrot
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by DeadParrot »

Ah I think I just requested the exact same thing. :)
Fantastic component all the same.
Maybe if you put the files in a user folder and assign a password in your hosting control panel for each user?
DeadParrot
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by DeadParrot »

I'm still thinking about this. (it is a major part of a project I am working on and I cannot find a Joomla addon to do what I need)
I'm dealing with a limited number of users, but I cannot have them being able to view the others files available or downloading them.
Short of installing a seperate instance on a subdomain for each user or Apache permissions, has anyone any ideas how I could do this?
jamesosullivan1
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Not sure mate, im working on something similar to yourself but I am hoping down the line the phoca download component will have something like this!! I am not in too much of a rush right now.