Table 'j5010t100_jm.#__phocacart_groups' doesn't exist

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
zlodij13
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Table 'j5010t100_jm.#__phocacart_groups' doesn't exist

Post by zlodij13 »

I have update RC5 to RC6 and have messege "Table 'j5010t100_jm.#__phocacart_groups' doesn't exist". I already tryed to change install.utf8.sql but still nothing work how can i back to RC5 or fix problem and save my shop, i really need save all my products and categoryes. And where i can find my database prefix? It is my prefix "j5010t100_jm" ????
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Table 'j5010t100_jm.#__phocacart_groups' doesn't exist

Post by Jan »

Hi, development versions do not have database upgrade (because this will be in conflict in Joomla! - it is still the same version), so:

DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS ONLY!!!

How to upgrade Phoca Cart - development version (example RC5 -> RC6)

1) Download the next version (if you run RC5, download RC6)

2) Install it in your Joomla! extension manager - all files will be updated, but not all tables and columns in database

3) Open the following file in your text editor: administrator/components/com_phocacart/install/sql/mysql/install.utf8.sql

4) In this file navigate to row:

Code: Select all

-- ---------
-- RC5 -> RC6
-- ---------
and copy everything below this code, stop before next update, e.g.

-- ---------
-- RC6 -> RC7
-- ---------
5) This copied text paste to new file and with help of FIND and REPLACE function change:

FIND: "--" and REPLACE to "" (find all -- (these are comments) and replace them to nothing - comments will be uncommented
FIND: "#__" and REPLACE to "jos_" (for example - find the prefix and replace it to your database prefix - in your case: "#__" to "j5010t100_" or "j5010t100_jm".

You will find your prefix in your Global Configuration (Joomla! - Administration - System - Global Configuration - Tab Server - Database Settings):

6) Copy this modifed file and paste it to SQL field in e.g. phpMyAdmin which then will update the database

The same you can do for RC6 - RC7.

To make it faster, just copy all the queries listed below your old version (example: you run RC5, then copy everything below RC5 --> RC6), and:

1) Remove the comments above (all - RCx -> RCy) (it is necessary because such comments will be uncommented by step 2 in case you run REPLACE ALL)

-- ---------
-- RC6 -> RC7
-- ---------
2) Remove all comments "--" at once
3) Change all prefixes "#__" to your prefixes
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
zlodij13
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by zlodij13 »

What if in demo joomla i cant open phpMyAdmin?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the Phoca Cart development versions are made for developers and testers to test the possible problems so it is a premise that the developer or tester has access to edit the database data. phpMyAdmin is not a Joomla! extension, it is just program found on most servers to edit your database data. Just ask your webhosting provider how to access your database (mostly you get link and login data to your phpMyAdmin) where you can edit your database data.

There can be other programs, maybe there is some extension for Joomla! too, but the easiest, quickest and common method is to use phpMyAdmin, where you can do this update in seconds.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project