Timeout while Multiupload

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Timeout while Multiupload

Post by marcel77 »

Hi all,

may you please help me again? Is ist possible to set "set_time_limit" or something else anywhere to let the Multiupload a bit more time?

I got a 500 error, when I will add many files, I have uploaded by FTP before.

Marcel
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Timout while Multiupload

Post by Benno »

Hi,
try out this solution: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56671#p141985

Kind regards,
Benno
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Timeout while Multiupload

Post by marcel77 »

Thank you, but I don´t have Problems with thumbnail creation, but with Multiadding.

For thumbnail creation I have done:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56563&start=10#p141827

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, when you set it in code, it cannot overwrite settings in your code. So this needs to be done on your server, e.g. in php.ini :idea:

When multiple add is working, the thumbnail creation is active too. Try to disable thumbnail creation and add the image with Multiple Add.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi,

first of all: Sorry that I´m so late, but I don´t got a notification email for new answer.

The reason, why I want to use "set_time_limit" in the script was, that I thought, it has a higher priority as the php.ini. I thought I read this? I don´t want to set such a high value to Max ExecutionTime.

I have two webserver (production and test enviroment). The production runs with plesk, the test with Debian and ISP config. I dont know much enough about server configuration. The Plesk Server starts MultiUpload. Answer with Error 500 after "MaxExecutionTime", but runs to the end in background. At ISP Config the script stops after "MaxExecutionTime" and stops really. Does anyone know, which parameter is for this "running to the end in background"? It all regards to MultiUpload only. Thumbnail createion is off.

Best regards
Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
The reason, why I want to use "set_time_limit" in the script was, that I thought, it has a higher priority as the php.ini. I thought I read this? I don´t want to set such a high value to Max ExecutionTime.
This is different on different server, somehwere you can overwrite it with script (PHP), somewhere not becasue of security limits.

I would say, on your server, there is some serutity limit (e.g. when the site asks more times for the same script, like multiple upload does. But unfortunately, I am not server expert, so I cannot give any clue advice about server settings or limits :-(

Jan
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

this is ok, but I hoped, you can give me a hint, where in your code I can try to use "set_time_limit" :-)

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problem is, I don't know the exact php error code to say which part is the one :idea:

Jan
marcel77
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by marcel77 »

Hi Jan,

Thank you for still trying to help me :-)

no PHP error. I press "Speichern & Schliessen" :

and after the max_execution_time I get: 500 Server error

On my Testserver with ISPConfig the script ist stopping now, on my plesk server It runs still in the background and ends all files.

Therfor I want to add a "set_time_limit" to the multiupload script, but don´t find the right place.

Marcel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you take a look into the errorLog on your server, there will be exact error message.

Jan