Plugin: Highslide (Image only) with description?

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
besttop
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Plugin: Highslide (Image only) with description?

Post by besttop »

Hi! I am using Phoca Gallery v4.2.2 and Phoca Gallery Plugin v4.2.1 on Joomla 3.5.0. And also experience the same problem as described in 2 posts of difecto in this topic.

The problem: Title and description of image are not seen in Highslide JS (Image only) mode except the case of manual overriding by using highslidedescription= option in the code.

Setting in global Options of Phoca Gallery Component are:
Detail View Options:
Detail Window: Highslide JS (image only)
Highslide JS Class: Borderless floating caption
Highslide JS Opacity: 0%
Highslide JS Outline Type: None
Highslide JS Full Image: Yes
Highslide JS Close Button: No
Highslide JS Slideshow: Standard

Description Settings:
Display Description In Detail View: Show (Standard)
Display Title In Description: Yes

What is working and what not:

If I am use simplest code:

Code: Select all

{phocagallery view=categories}
All is working as should be. All images are enlarged with title above and description below.

If I am using code:

{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=1}
No titles and no description in enlarged images!!! That is problem to be solved!!!

If I am using code:

{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=1|highslidedescription=3}
All is working as should be. All images are enlarged with title above and description below.

So there are 2 problems:

1. Images in Highslide JS (image only) mode do not have titles and descriptions despite right settings in global options.
2. The above problem can be solved only by manual overriding using option highslidedescription= in code, but there is no corresponding setting for Highslide JS in global options.

How automatically add highslidedescription= option for the gallery?

Could you provide quick fix for that bug and add appropriate option for global settings of Phoca gallery?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, not sure if I understand.

If you are using plugin, then no component parameters are automatically used. It means, default parameters are used. So if you are using plugin, you need to set in plugin code which settings should be used - so if you want to display description, you need to add this parameter to the plugin code :idea:

As default, the description is not displayed. So this is why as default it is not displayed in the plugin and you use the code to display it.

Ok, the code be customized so the parameters will be taken from component but then new questions from user will be set: why the highslide displays description in plugin even it is not set in plugin parameters :idea:

I hope you understand what I want to say - that there are two possible options how to handle it and when you select first, some users will need second, when you select second some users will need first. So the basic feature is, if there is a parameter to enable something, as default it is disabled as you can enable it per parameter :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
besttop
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by besttop »

Jan, thank you for reply!

I understood your logic regarding a different will of different users. But I cannot understand, why you cannot add one more option to already existing options of Highslide JS:

Detail View Options:
Detail Window: Highslide JS (image only)
Highslide JS Class:
Highslide JS Opacity:
Highslide JS Outline Type:
Highslide JS Full Image:
Highslide JS Close Button:
Highslide JS Slideshow:
Highslide description mode for gallery plugin: 0/1/2/3

Why not?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, nothing is so easy as it seems :-) - count of parameters in component is limited - you cannot add every possible value to parameter as then the component will "burn" servery memory only for loading parameters. There can be possible thousands of parameters only for the component and of course plus a lot of possible parameters of modules and plugins. In fact there is unlimited count of possible parameters which can be added to the component but of course the count is limited due memory/cpu/... limits

And the same with the users like we discussed - you add e.g. 50 plugin parameters to component and users will report why the component has plugin parameters when mostly users do not install plugin - they only use component - so why they must go over parameters which they do not need :-( :-( etc. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
besttop
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by besttop »

Understand that! Thank you, Jan, for nice component!