Can't display Chinese (UTF-8) characters in PDF invoice?

Before you ask about IDnR Addon see the VirtueMart - Invoice, Delivery Note and Receipt Addon
mio001
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Can't display Chinese (UTF-8) characters in PDF invoice?

Post by mio001 »

Ako vytvor tie subory? To som v navode nenasiel.

freemono.*

Dakujem za pomoc.
greek_folk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by greek_folk »

hi please somebody help me on this one,, i have the same problem for non utf-8 characters for example chinese and greek, it is surely not the font issue, because i made my article into some fonts that i didnt install with phoca pdf, as long as it is latin characters, it still generate the pdf file with correct latin characters but ignoring the font, it just put it to the standard one it had from the installation. this is certainly some other issue that has nothing to do with the font, it is just like a browser, if a certain website has some fonts that you dont have it installed in windows, it just picks up the basic fonts and still display the content properly, showing ???????? instead of the actual content characters is for sure some unicode setting problem in the codes.

furthermore i noticed that if an article doesnt not have readmore, it cannot display the content, and if you add a readmore it only displays content after readmore from that point, anything before the redmore are not displayed, how could this be.

please i would very much appreciate if some one could have a look at this for me. many thanks in advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, PDF document is not like browser. Browser can work with UTF-8 characters but PDF document needs to include them. Most of fonts do not include all the characters, so it can happend, that the PDF font does include only latin characters not other. So to work with e.g. chinese or greek characters, you need to have font which wholly includes the characters. Displaying ???? means that tha characters are not included.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project