Pop-up / Registred only!

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
juliano
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Pop-up / Registred only!

Post by juliano »

Sorry to add another strange behavior of the Phoca Gallery plugin ... but I just worked on another website I maintain, and PUBLIC access of the slideshow works ...

http://www.vooduboxers.com/index.php?op ... 8&Itemid=4

I even tried uninstalling all Phoca Gallery component, module, and plugin from my other site (http://www.buttecountykennelclub.org) and re-installing, but still no success ... There must be something interfering with the way Phoca Gallery handles permissions ...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

If I click on the images, I must login first, so it means, that the category 6 is not public.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
juliano
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by juliano »

Category 6 is PUBLIC ... and so is the Category it is a sub-category of ... :(
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

And isn't this category accessed for only some user?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
phocapower
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by phocapower »

I have a similar problem.

General situation of my project: I have...
- a public area with 'menu-public' and a restricted area with 'menu-registered'.
- PhocaGallery with both kinds of categories, public and registered.
- the Phoca component link (all categories) is in 'menu-registered'

Now I tried to insert pics in an public article - the thumbnails appeared, but the detailed view was restricted. (even the pic-categorie was 'public'). Logical problem: the component link was in the 'menu-registered', so there is just acces for registered users to the detail view.

Now I tried...

Situation 1:
A SECOND Phoca component link in the 'menu-public' (also all categories, but of course only the public were shown). That was ok, BUT the pics in the public article still link to the restricted categories-view.

Situation 2:
I unpublished the component link in the 'menu-registered', so there was just the component link in the 'menu-public'. NOW the pics in the public article linked right to the public categories-view - WHY?

Situation 3:
I re-published the component link in the 'menu-registered' and changed the component link in the 'menu-public' from categories-view to single category view (just the one that is public). Now the pics in the article linked to the registred component again, even this category was also in the 'menu-public' published. STRANGE.

Are you planning to change this behaviour?

I didn't want to make a component-link in the 'menu-public', I just wanted to use some pics in public articles. But thats bad, if there's an "You have to login..."-message is coming. Or an option to disable the (modal)popup, so just showing thumbnail?
caro84g
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by caro84g »

Hey, this is just me and my common sense (I only have a public website)

What if you make a new menu, with a menulink to all categories (so only the ones which are public are accessible). You don't add this menu to a page.
Then your link is in ordering number 1, which I guess solves your other problem.

I found out that joomla sometimes takes just the 1st ordering independent of the menu. This might explain why it first takes the registered link in stead of the public link. (I'm not sure about it)
Please ask your support questions in the forums and not via PM - I delete those PM's
Backup before you do any major change to your website (and test first)