3 images (orginal+bigthumb+smallthumb)

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
dArt
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Now we have 3 images

Post by dArt »

Now we have 3 images: orginal in phocsa gallery folder, big thumb and small thumb. If you have big gallery this quicly takes too much place. It is even more annoyn if thumb and orginal is same size.

It would be great if there would be way to delete orginal and leave only big thumbs 640X480 and small thumbs isntead.

Is the way to view orgianl from gallery. It seems there isn't.

Thanks for nice and simple gallery.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, there are 4 imag

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are 4 images :
- original (used in the frontend, backend)
- small thumb (used in the backend)
- medium thumb (used in the backend, frontend)
- large thumb (used in the backend, frontend)

If you delete the original file, it will be automatically deleted thumbnails of this file (because if user deletes the file, Phoca Gallery must delete the thumbnails, that Phoca Gallery has created)

You can use original file in the frontend, if you have enabled the 'download button'. If user click on this button, he gets original file to download... You need original file, if something wrong happens with the thumbnails - Phoca Gallery will automatically create new thumbnails...

I think, there is more advantages to have the original file than disadvantages.

The only problem I see and you too, is, that it takes too much place... but Joomla! takes too much place on the disc too... and today you get e.g. from free webhosting servers 1000 MB space on the server but not support for some functions, they Joomla! uses

I know, it can be problem, but without original files on the servers, there will be bigger problem, I think.

I am sorry, but now I don't calculate with this feature, because in this case, whole Phoca Gallery must be refactored and disadvantages will be caused by this change.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dArt
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I understand your p

Post by dArt »

I understand your points. Sadly i do not have plan with one of those 1000 MB hostigns , but that my problem.

I didn't thought that you change everything as i sugested, but if there would be option to keep or not to use keep that would be great. I think i am not only one who would use it. But as you said it may be dificult and cause new problems.

Despite that it great and simple plugin.

Small isue. When using modal pop up window there always vertical scrolbar. Not sure is it joomla bug (i never saw it without scrolbar) or is it few pixels too small.
It looks even more weird when downloading image.

http://xs221.xs.to/xs221/07462/doublescrolbar.jpg
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

In Modal Popup, ther

Post by Jan »

In Modal Popup, there is sometimes scrollbar and sometimes not ??? But I don't why, it is modal framework.

What about double scrollbar? It is confusing behaviour, because there is div with scrollbar. This div should be smaller as opened window (Popup box or Modal box), so there should be only one scrollbar in div box but not in opened window. Popup works but there is problem with Modal box and different browsers. Thank you for this issue.

I will try to solve it.

Jan
dArt
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

You are right about

Post by dArt »

You are right about browsers. I tested some more.

Everything works fine on IE 7.
On Firefox and Opera there always verical scrolbar.
Only Firefox has double scrolbar problem. (but not on your wallpapers site)

Here my test gallery with two images.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

This is the problem. Because now, I don't see two scrollbars on your test gallery site with Firefox

Jan
dArt
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thats very weird i d

Post by dArt »

Thats very weird i definetly can see it with firefox 2.0.0.9 o WIn XP, maybe it is specific problem only with my instalation.

You have to scroll down left or down to see second scrolbar, but that obivious.

Maybe this is specific problem only with my Computer (browser, OS, resoliution, Joomla version).

I will double chech at home.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

I think, it is not p

Post by Jan »

I think, it is not problem on your computer only. But it is difficult to find the problematic part, because sometimes it display two scrollbars, sometimes not.