Open Graph on multilingual site not working for English only.

Phoca plugins - support for all Phoca plugins except Phoca Gallery plugins
slashdottom
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Open Graph on multilingual site not working for English only.

Post by slashdottom »

In my situation it turns out 'not' to be Yootheme's Warp template causing the problem. To test this I changed template to the default ones within Joomla! and continued to have the same problem.

After more investigation... It turned out to be a conflict (?) between Phoca Open Graph plugin and EFSEO Easy Frontend SEO plugin.
Phoca Open Graph Plugin is a type:content plugin and EFSEO is a type:system plugin, so I didn't think they would conflict, but they appear to regardless.

I also discovered that the Open Graph information will appear in any pages including the English pages that have not yet had the meta tags changed using the EFSEO plugin. If the meta tags are changed using EFSEO, the Open Graph meta tags are then not included in the page.

To fix this particular problem, I went into System - EFSEO - Easy Frontend SEO plugin settings and under Advanced menu option selected Compatibility Mode: Yes.

A 'quick' check shows that the Open Graph content now appears on all pages including the English pages.

Tommy.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Open Graph on multilingual site not working for English only.

Post by Jan »

Ok,

when running plugins on the site, first the content will be run (when article is displayed) and then system plugin - so in fact, yes, system plugin can somehow influence content plugins as it runs after running content plugins :idea:

Anyway thank you for the information.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project