Absolute path and adding files

Phoca Download - download manager
cshreve2
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Absolute path and adding files

Post by cshreve2 »

I have looked and read, and may have over looked, and if so, I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to use an absolute path outside of my public directory. I have used FTP to place a file in one of the directories, but not sure how I make it accessible from the category view. I see the folders I made within the absolute path, as I have different folder for different people. If I go into the back end and click on Components/Phoca Download, I am able to then click on files. I click New, and then I select a file name. In the file name modal popup, I have the folders listed in the absolute path. If I click on a folder, it refreshes the screen and I see the same thing. I would assume that I should be able to see the file and the folder location should change to being inside the folder. Any assistance would be great. Thanks. I don't receive an error from what I can see.

Tags:
cshreve2
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Absolute path and adding files

Post by cshreve2 »

Ok. I came back to this with a new set of eyes and was able to get this working. I missed one step that I didn't realize. I forgot to enable FTP inside of Joomla. The other issue was that I had spaces for my folder names, which the system didn't like. I replaced the spaces with underscores and everything seems to be working fine. I am able to upload from the backend and add files to each category. Great component in all. Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Absolute path and adding files

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project