[Feature Request] : Admin can reply

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
baijianpeng
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

I know maybe the def

Post by baijianpeng »

I know maybe the defination of Guestbook has no the need of Reply. But in China, people have accepted that a guestbook must have the function of Admin's reply, because we often use guestbook as a simple message board without registration, or as a reception desk for consultation.

So, I hope you can add this feature to allow admin reply visitors' message. Of course, it will be better to limit the reply permission to Admin group not only the SuperAdmin himself.

Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, now Phoca Guestb

Post by Jan »

Hi, now Phoca Guestbook works as easy Guestbook without replies... Maybe in future in new version ...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
katar501
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Hi, now Phoca Guestb

Post by katar501 »

Jan wrote:Hi, now Phoca Guestbook works as easy Guestbook without replies... Maybe in future in new version ...

Jan
Hi,
the future has already occurred? Is there any way to reply to individual posts?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: [Feature Request] : Admin can reply

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can reply/comment to the post in administration:

since Phoca Guestbook 3
Jan
e05
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by e05 »

Hello. And what about replies from regular user through frontend? Tnanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no such option, this is planned.

Jan
Muf
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Muf »

Hi, two years have passed since the last request about replies from regular/registered/ ..??? users from the front-end. I am now looking for a guestbook for my page and I can see there is still no button for the replies in the front-end... it's very clumsy to reply in the backend... still no update with this feature (although it was already planned to years ago)?? Do you still plan to add it ? Thanks ...
Martin
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, it is planned, but unfortunately there are many factors which can influence it. When e.g. Joomla! changes to new version and a lot of code is changed, all the components must be ready for these changes first, the same when some external API changes (there are a lot of external APIs) then all needs to be overwritten.
So yes, it is planned, but unfortunately I cannot say when I will be able to do this. Some extensions, I made, are released now even they were build 7 years ago for 95% but everything changes so much, that there is really problem with time to implement everything what is planned.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of people who contributed to the free extensions - with answering posts in forum, making documentation, translations, improvements, etc. Now there are no such people, I get help by two core member moderators here, sometimes by somebody other, but this is all - in past, it was about 50 users so I got time for developing. This everything slows down the development of new features :-( :-(

Jan