Update 4.2.2 to 4.3.0 - J3.6

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
semi
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Update 4.2.2 to 4.3.0 - J3.6

Post by semi »

Hi,

I tried to update my phoca galery from Version 4.2.2 to 4.30 with Joomla 3.6.

During the Instalation I got a error message:

"-1 Copy file failed "

Why and what I can do?

I've checked the folder permissions and the seems to be okay.

debug:

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JApplicationCms->execute() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/administrator/index.php:51
2 JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:257
3 JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php:152
4 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php:98
5 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:380
6 require_once() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:405
7 JControllerLegacy->execute() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/installer.php:19
8 InstallerControllerInstall->install() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:728
9 InstallerModelInstall->install() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/controllers/install.php:33
10 JInstaller->install() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/models/install.php:187
11 JInstallerAdapter->install() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/installer/installer.php:469
12 JInstallerAdapterComponent->parseOptionalTags() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/installer/adapter.php:703
13 JInstaller->parseMedia() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/installer/adapter/component.php:425
14 JInstaller->copyFiles() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/installer/installer.php:1499
15 JFolder::copy() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/cms/installer/installer.php:1622
16 JFolder::copy() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php:125

Thanks for any help in advance.

michael

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Update 4.2.2 to 4.3.0 - J3.6

Post by Jan »

Hi, the installation is made by Joomla! extension manager, so the problem is located somewhere there.

If you get this error:
JFolder::copy() /var/www/xxx.yxz/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php:125

This mostly means, there are some problems with permissions or ownership and Joomla! cannot copy the file on your server.

But this is more a question on Joomla! core developers - on forum.joomla.org if there changed something or this is only a server issue :idea:

Do you use standard Joomla! extension manager or some specific extension?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
semi
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by semi »

Hi Jan,

I using standard Joomla! extension Manager.

I've tried to install some other Extensions like JCE, Easycreator - without a Problem.

The permissions should be ok and there are also new files in der phocagallery folder.

regards,
michael
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, testing now without any problem. Did you test to install some extension which is the same or larger size as Phoca Gallery?
The only idea how can the file differentiate from other is the large, because all extensions in Joomla! do have the same XML :idea:

Jan
semi
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by semi »

I tried easycreator 0.24.1 - file size 2,6mb. i thinks thats larger then phocagaller...

i've set owner for all files in my web again and its still not working..

but phoca gallery shows version number 4.3.0 and there are some new php files on the server. so i don't know whats missing now...

michael
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

What happens when you will install the component this way:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... setup-file

Jan
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by BZone »

I have the same issue "-1 Copy file failed". I noticed that the labels for the several configuration settings are displaying the jquery functions and not the actual labels. In the code it is the div class: control-label. i.e. COM_PHOCAGALLERY_FIELD_RESPONSIVE_DESIGN_LABEL is one of the several labels that are messed up.
I followed the previous instructions to attempt an install from a folder and I get the same error message. I haven't had any issues with previous installs or updates before and I'm on the same server as before. Any ideas?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there can be a problem with CSS files which were edited.

Try to go to:
media/com_phocagallery folder, backup all the files and remove them. Then try to install Phoca Gallery in extension manager. It should work. After installing, you can copy back the edited files (in case you did some change in CSS, e.g. custom.css)

Jan
BZone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Update 4.2.2 to 4.3.0 - J3.6 (RESOLVED)

Post by BZone »

Thank you Jan, That corrected the issue. I have not edited any css files in the past. I'm happy with it the way it is. There are several themes that provide enough variation for my liking.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok